Friday, December 09, 2005

A tribute to John Lennon

Imagine ..
such a powerful word and a song by the same name from John lennon .. has become a byword for peace anthems and a message of Love. I dont know much abt the Beatles and the members .. much before my times .. but when I heard the solo from John Lennon, I connected instantly.
Simple lyrics, asking to be heard .. a plea, a prayer for a better tomorrow, for a world free from war and conflicts .. for a future that John must have seen and wanted all of us to have, no boundaries separating us
Imagine
25 years to the day yesterday, Dec 8th, when he was shot dead, and still his message is just as powerful, if not more relevant today .. and the proof? People still havent given up on the world, since the day 25 years ago when the world went mad and shot John Lennon and still there are people out there full of Hope and optimism, of a free world .. of utopia you may say?

You may say I am dreamer, But I am not the only One ...

Imagine
Can you?

************************
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
************************

Peace.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Divya said...

Lucifer!

Love this song and what it means. I love it and would love to add more lines into the lyrics. The singing by derick, hysen and band still rings in my ears when I hear this song. It surely has a special space in my heart.

Everygreen and absolutely lovely. What I also like about the song is that it has minimum background music. A guitar and good voice is all thats required!!!

Thanks for the reminder (and I mean it in a pleasant way!)
Love,
Dooks

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Vidya said...

Lucifer and Dooka,

A Perfect Circle did a cover of this song, and it is absolutely amazing! Haunting beats and the simplicity of the lyrics really make this one stand out.

[And before you ask, nope, I dont have it yet. I do intend to buy it soon though :-) ]

VJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home