Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Weekend Getaways

As mentioned in my previous post, I was traveling a lot of weekends to Minneapolis, for around 3 months between mid April and Mid July.
The place I used to stay, with my wife, was close to a lake and the walk upto the lake was beautiful with houses and cottages next to the road and lush green walkways bordering the roads.
The two pics featured here were from the same place.



The house with a small pond, with trees and shrubs .. just the way a child would draw a "scenery" .. I used to do it .. My idea of a scenery was a house, a fence, water (pond or stream), bushes and trees.. throw in all this and I have painted countless masterpieces with various permutations and combinations of the locations of each of the objects mentioned above.
The pic is symbolic of it and I guess thats why I like it so much ... its my paintings coming to life !
Lake Josephine, a large Lake where private boats and jet skiers get together for a lazy warm summer afternoon .. the lake is again bordered with lush greens where one can sit and soak in the Sun ..



I could never paint anything like this. The Sunset is Golden Yellow and with the light filtering through the clouds .. is almost surreal..
One of my favourites .. like the almost black n white feel of the photo ..
Again .. these two snaps taken with the Cannon SD series (SD300 or SD400 dont rem)

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Prashanth said...

Picture perfect! both of them are :-)
Btw, you really could draw sceneries that well as a kid? ;-)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Divya said...

I loooooovvvvveeed the second picture,, wuld love to frame a copy of it and hang it up in my 'almost brown' house... :)))

u really have managed to get two amazingly lovely fotos there!

looking forward to more.
love,
dooks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home