Thursday, October 20, 2005

Japanese Gardens


A bit of traveling back in time, when I used to travel often to Minneapolis to meet my wife .. The thing that struck me was how cramped your lifestyle becomes if you dont have a car of your own, and the next thing was that Minneapolis is a really green. Lush green describes it the best.
During one of my visits there, went to the Como Zoo and Conservatory. The Zoo itself was pretty good with the Tigers, Orangutans and the Lone Polar Bear providing some good challenges to capture them at their best.
Next to the zoo was the conservatory which has a couple of gardens, the Sunken Garden and the Japanese Gardens.
Japanese Gardens are pretty famous and has its roots in Buddhist and Tao philosophy. It is a place to sit and reflect, to meditate. Usual Japanese Garden objects would be the Waterfall, Pond, Rocks, Plants and Bridges.



The shot shown here was taken from a friends camera, borrowed a new Canon SD300 and he was yet to get his memory card. So was using the one that comes default .. 32MB .. so was taking snaps at low resolution. But was impressed with the Camera. Excellent Colour Quality, above par Sharp images and ease of handling. But there is a major minus, for me personally, that it has only 3X or 4X optical zoom. Else I might even gone ahead and bought it. Still hoping that they release an SD model with 8 - 10 X zoom.
Coming back to the Pic, when I had taken it, I looked at it and was like WOW, because it had captures the Japanese Garden as it actually was. I could see the ripples in the water, standing still, the kind of atmosphere that the garden is supposed to evoke, of stillness, quite and peace, where you can sit back and look inside you.
Another view of the garden below

7 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger Vidya said...

Well, I'm not sure if you'll want this cat! ;-) Lucy is adorable though, but we have her with us only for another week or so :-((

I like your pics, and as you said, the clarity in the pics is quite good, and the pictures themselves eye-catching. Good work!

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Vidya said...

Btw, here's a challenge for you- find me the best 3 garfield/heathcliff strips you've read. I'll do the same for Mutts/Get Fuzzy. Then let's compare notes ;-)
Are you game?

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Suprada said...

Now am impressed. I want to go see Minnesota too..The Jap garden photos looks so calm and tranquil..You did a great job of capturing the peace :)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lucifer said...

thnks guys .. there are a few more snaps from Minneaplois that will be featuring in the next few bloggs ..
thanks for your interest and appreciation .. we artists live by it ;-)

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Prashanth said...

Good good...looking at the snaps itself descends a sort of tranquility on me.
Nice captures!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Vidya said...

Wish there was a better way to reply than to write in an unrelated topic! *sigh*

The song is awesome, but if this song can be rated 10/10, what happens to my all-time favs? ;-)

I can pass on some more new music I've just bought. Did you listen to any of the stuff on the CD?

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Vidya said...

Listen to

1.) 'Pieces' (Sum 41)
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-298964-videos--Sum-41

2.) 'Doesnt remind me' (Audioslave)
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-296097-videos--Audioslave

3.) 'Better Days' (The goo goo dolls)
-Its out on the radio, but not on launchcast. I havent yet bought the album :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home