Monday, October 03, 2005

Sunset at Castle Island
Copyright Vikas

The weekend was almost completely wasted, Saturday turned out to be useful in term of getting the Laundry done, and finished some odd jobs .. wanted to replace my shoe lace .. and did so .. only to realise that it was too long for my formal shoes ..
When they say that mental patients and prisoners alike are deprived of the laces lest they hang themselves with them .. now I know what they are talkin about ... I would have had to make a double strand with mine to prevent touchin the ground on hangin myself !!
Anyways .. the savin grace of this weekend was a short trip to Castle Island .. its near South Boston and had to take the T and a Bus and an invigorating walk to reach this place .. it has one and only one eatery and has the old world charm .. you know .. like they dont accept cards .. Cash Only .. 3 of us ... hungry as .. well ... the proverbial appetite for a horse sized meal .. and we had around $ 6-8 between us .. and we also needed to pay for the Bus cum Train fare on our way back ..
so decided it was goin to be Upavasa Sathyagraha .. it was befitting ... it was Gandhi Jayanthi ..
Castle Island was nice .. a bit of History , a couple of memorials for soldiers and a Pentagonal Castle which we saw from out .. it has a beautiful close up view of the Logan Airfields .. you can actually see the smoke raising off the tarmac as Flights Land ...


We were leaving as the Sun set .. and I got this beautiful shot !!
Wont say I was lucky to get a shot with the silhoutte of the plane ... rather that I was lucky that I got a single Plane in my frame .. !! the frequency of the flights was that High ..
Hence this Postcard in my series .. is from Castle Island, Boston.
For Bostonians .. take the T to Broadway station and from there take the Bus route 9, 10, 11 (I think) and you can reach to within walking distance of Castle island.

PS: Have tried my hand at a bit of Post Processing in this snap and feeling guilty as hell .. but the Post processing is more to do with removin apparent blemishes, ie, flares resulting from pointin the camera directly at the Sun.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Prashanth said...

Awesome shot this dude...maybe one has to go hungry to take such good snaps :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home