Thursday, January 26, 2006

windows ... in time

Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, an expensive affair .. went there with idea of looking around and in particular to check out the Black and white photography by Ansel Adams ..
first thing .. was too expensive and secondly it was sold out !
The Sun was going down and I was on my way back and passed the Windows .. looked like molten glass reflecting the heat from the Sun of a time gone by and yet was gentle .. what was striking was the absence of any other reflecting surface around ..
almost like an alien entity transported across time ..



The same evening on my way home got into one of the omnipresent Starbucks to escape the biting chill of an early winter evening, ensconsed in the warmth watching the world pass me by.
Love the texture of the pic, captures the stillness and warmth of the inside while the world rushed on outside .. me in an oasis of time ..

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger silverine said...

The pictures are beautiful!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Suprada said...

Cool pics. The window shot, I think would look even better if you would crop out the bottom brown edge. To me, it doesnt add naything to the photo and removing that part gives it a more abstract feel. Love the idea. The tree to the left, the vertical line somehow makes this photo all teh more interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home