Tuesday, January 24, 2006

One Year - down the memory lane

Been One year here in Boston.. not yet .. at this time .. I was probably on my flight from Montreal to Boston .. but did Land here on 24th Jan 2005.
I was supposed to land early noon on 23rd, but because of the big blizzard that weekend, I got a chance to See Montreal and enjoy the Luxury of Hilton :-)
Time does fly .. just feels like yesterday that I parted with near and dear ones back home .. and then the excitement of a new place and for someone who loves to travel and see places, this was a great chance.
Soo much to do and soo little time was how I felt .. the plan was for me to be here for a year .. so I wanted to cover as much and see as many places as possible in the time I had.
The harsh Boston winter was invigorating to say the least ... :-D that turned to Spring and I saw colours springin up overnight. It was also the time my missus came to US ... she was in Minneapolis and we had a great 3 months, travelling almost each weekend to be with each other and also seeing a lot of places in the process.
Was a lovely time we had ..
and then she had to go back to India :-(
Was a sudden change in tempo .. catching flights every friday and returning back late Sunday nights or even early monday mornings .. and suddenly there was a void ..
took some time .. but had to get used to it and get on ..
Fall was something else .. anticipating seein the famed colours realised that it gets cold here in Fall .. and tho spells of wet weather put a lil bit of dampner on the fall plans did see the picteresque NH and Vermont countryside in addition to the Local Boston sights...
In between went and visited friends in Boulder and had a great time there .. driving and camping and meeting old friends.
The other highlights were the New Hampshire trip and the impromptu Maine trip where only my friend and myself made up our minds for the thanksgiving wknd and went trekking and hiking and discovering Maine .. was awesome !! The Acdia National park .. maybe one of the smallest National Parks .. but certainly one of the most beautiful !
and its a year since I arrived .. and its been a good one .. and I await at the crossroads of time .. not knowing where I would be in a months time ..
has been a great ride so far .. no regrets .. except that I would have wished Pri to have been here and spent the same time with me ...
well .. you never know !!

and yeah .. the fact tht I could not make my trip to Peru .. and wont b able to till I get a new visa :-((
well .. u never know about that either ? ;-)

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Divya said...

Congratulations on the milestone. Good to know you had a nice time in all...

Well, look forward and am sure pri is not far away!!!! :) going home on vacation? any idea???

I loved the tone of your blog. Very personal and touching. Thanks for sharing, Devil!

Loads of love,
Dooka

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Sathwick said...

time to get united with ur 'missus'...
but here or back home...?

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love You !!

- pri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home