Monday, September 11, 2006

I am Addicted!

I have heard and felt this feeling where u sit in a theater .. the movie starts and you don't want it to end, you listen to a song and you want it to go on for ever .. you start a book and you fall in love with it and again .. you want it to go on for ever and ever with you enjoying it ...
I have the same kind of feelings for a new thing now ..
Whenver I sit at Rami's and bite into the falafel Sandwich .. I don't want it to end .. I want the taste and the flavor to last for ever ..
We make plans to visit this place in Coolidge Corner, its not in the way, it takes some time to get to by the C Green Line. Doesn't matter. We go there time and again .. and pretty frequently. I think about it during the days in between the visits .. and I know I am not alone .. Priya is hooked too and we are like a couple of Zombies answering the call .. the urge to feed there.
Falafels are chick-pea batter fried dumplings .. have eaten in half a dozen places in Boston and except Steve's in Qunicy Market and Newbury Street (think they make the Falafel from Flava beans as compared to Chic Peas in other places .. just a personal preference), have liked it to different degree's.
Rami's happened when I took Priya to Coolidge Corner in early spring during one of our walking trips of Boston and we waked past Rami's .. came back and went in and thought we would try the Falafels. We asked only for the chunks and the friendly person in there gave it for free and said that if we liked it.. we could come back .. he seemed confident for some reason.. We walked out .. tasted and were promptly back for the entire dinner!
and as they say.. the rest is History
Guys in the counter recognize us and I don't have to tell them extra Hot sauce and the Mango sauce cos they know .. we "Indians like it Hot" ..

Rami's
Take the C Green Line to Coolidge Corner stop. Walk along the Harvard Street NW (same side were u get down from the T going outbound) and Rami's is the small shop opposite the Borders and JP Licks.
Recommends:
Since I am a vegetarian, cant vouch for the chicken dishes .. but this I hear is one of the really few places that sells Glatt Kosher stuff. I have tried the Falafel Sandwich and the Falafel Salad plate .. try with the extra hot sauce and the Mango sauce.

Darn .. you guys carry on while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what u say! Three cheers to Rami's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home