Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another Experiment - LOMO photography


LOMO photography

came across the link and took up as an assigment and below is the outcome ...

Before


After LOMO treatment


Some info on LOMO that I could gather from the link given above.
LOMO pics were 'defective' pics from a russian make camera.
But the look gained popularity and we have ppl who have DSLR's and want to treat their pics so that it looks like a LOMO.
Color slide pics are to be developed in E6 chemicals and normal 35mm pics in C41 chemicals.
Another importatn aspect to the LOMO look is that users take the color slide and get it treated in C41. This resulted in oversaturated pics with often surprising results.

Its my first LOMO and I guess I am swayed by the tutorial but I think LOMO's look good with pics which have metal, chrome and rust. Dont think it will work well with others .. I might be wrong there.
Lets try and see :D

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Prashanth said...

Well...good try :)
from my layman's view, can say tht the wood, car n gravel looks good...but the greens are a bit of a put-off..
keep trying new stuff and writing abt it...will inspire us as well :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home